mardi 12 mai 2009

Parc Jordan

Parc Jordan is about a 6 minute walk from my dorm. Its not exceptionally large or remarkable. It is surrounded by a wrought iron gate, and there are several paths which cut through it, benches, trees, a statue or two. Its a little questionable at night, after the gate is locked. One evening I was walking home and I heard drums and shouting, and I thought I saw a group of people dancing towards the edge of the park. Another evening I saw a group of guys lined up, one at each gate post, peeing.
But during the afternoon there are usually groups of students in the park playing soccer, picnicing, playing the guitar, or just laying out. On sunny days it can be hard to find a good spot to lay out because there are so many people. A lot of them have books with them, most of them aren't reading. People walk their dogs their, or bring their kids there to play. Students like to be seen there sporting the latest fashions from Zara and smoking with friends. During the freak blizzard I went there and built a snowman with some friends, by the end of the day there were maybe a dozen snowmen throughout the park. I didnt get a chance to count them though, because a kid in the park started throwing snowballs at me.
I love this park.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire